Postage & Packaging
Orders are generally posted out on a Tuesday and Friday. The cut off is 6pm on the Monday/Thursday.
If you are in a rush for something, just drop me an email (email@example.com) and I will do everything I can to get your order out earlier.
The P&P costs applied are very transparent. No additional costs are added on, you simply pay for the cost of packaging (where applicable - I try to reuse a lot of the packaging from incoming stock) and the cost of postage. I don't offer free P&P because what that usually means is that the cost of P&P has been added to the cost of goods. I think it is better to assume that my customers aren't daft and would rather have transparent P&P costs than the pretence of 'Free P&P' with inflated prices on the items that they are buying.
Although I try my best to etsimate the cost of P&P for the different goods I sell, sometimes the system creates a higher combined weight that triggers a higher P&P cost.
When I post out your order, I check the actual cost versus what the customer has paid and if there is a discrepency, I process a partial credit to reflect the difference and email you to let you know whay a credit has been generated.
I post orders worldwide. As of 1st July 2020, the cost of shipping to the US increased drastically.
I use Royal Mail for large letters within the UK and some international deliveries..
UK parcels are sent via Hermes and insured.
Parcel Force/Hermes are used for International packages.
Wherever possible, I try to reuse packaging from our household and from incomming stock. This means that your address label will likely be printed on a previosuly used piece of paper, your items might turn up in a box with marketing on it, and the tissue paper for packing out may be scrumpled. If I am reusing packaging, you are not paying for it as part of your P&P costs.
I try to tred the line between sending you beautifully packaged things and reusing for the sake of the environment.
All of your goods will come wrapped in fresh unbleached tissue paper and tied with linen. This allows you to unwrap your goodies and reuse the tissue paper, or home compost or recycle it.
If your item turns up in new packaging, I have made every effort to buy it from within the UK and with the highest recycled content possible. Please see details below for where my packaing comes from and recycling information (UK) at the very bottom.
Proximity of Manufacturing (PoM) for the packaging that I use:
As with the PoM Rating for products, I have applied the same thinking to the
- If your goods arrive in an A5 envelope then that envelope is made from 100% recycled fibre from UK sources and manufactured in the North West of England ( PoM rated).
- If your goods arrive in larger packaging then that package is also made in the UK ( PoM rated) using kraft paper which is extremely durable but recyclable.
- If your goods are wrapped and protected in tissue paper then this is sourced from Lancashire where it is converted but is actually manufactured in France (unfortunately we don't have a tissue paper factory in the UK) and has an PoM rating.
- Very large items such as blocking mats are packaged in a 100% plastic mail bag. These are manufactured in Bulgaria and have a PoM rating.
- Brown tape is made in the UK and paper based, clear tape is made from 100% recycled plastic.
Any paper-based packaging used by Provenance Craft Co. to protect your goods has been specifically chosen because it can be reused, composted (at home) or recycled. Almost every Local Authority (except some of the more remote Scottish islands) in the UK offers paper recycling at kerbside and the paper packing used at Provenance Craft Co. can all be recycled in those kerbside services .